Domestic violence thrives when we are silent; but if we take a stand and work together, we can end it. Throughout the month of October, Caring House will be hosting awareness activities and encourages your participation.
- Cross Display-First Covenant Church on “H” Street in Iron Mountain. Dedication of the crosses will be at 8:00 AM on September 30th.
- Break the Silence-October 8th at 12:00 Noon-Meet at the Dickinson County Sheriff’s Department-Procession from the Sheriff’s Department to Caring House-Open House at Caring House 12:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Celebrity Waiter’s Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction-October 24th, First Presbyterian Church 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Paint the City Purple-Local businesses will be displaying purple ribbons
- Purple Ribbon Campaign-wear a purple ribbon to demonstrate your support towards ending the violence. Ribbons can be picked up at Caring House.
Some interesting facts about domestic violence:
- One in every four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- An estimated 1.3 million are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year.
- Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police.